Student’s Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
Grievance is a wrong or hardship suffered, whether real or supposed, which forms legitimate grounds of complaint.
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance Redressal Committee is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Redressal Committee. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Redressal Committee. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Redressal Committee.
The objective of the Grievance Redressal Committee is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
The Grievance Redressal Committee is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / Grievance Box is installed, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The committee will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to the award of internal marks, conduct of Lab Examinations.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students directly or from the Grievance Box.
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
- The Grievance Redressal Committee will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the committee.
Implementation of the committee:
- The committee will inspect the complaint box every fortnightly and review the matter.
- The committee will convene regularly on the first week of every month.
- The committee will be convened urgently on the receipt of complaints which require immediate action.
- The committee will try to identify the actual problem and will try to solve, if the petitioner is able to prove/convince with sufficient documents/evidences failing which the petition will be referred to the higher authority to interfere.
The Composition of the Grievance Redressal Committee is as follows: –
|Deepa S Kumar (Chair)
|Computer Science & Engineering
|Jagadish Chandran G
|Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|Vishnu M Mohan