About the department
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2000, affiliated with Cochin University of Science & Technology and is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University Kerala from 2015 admission onwards. The curriculum and syllabus is being followed as per the University regulations and the present intake for undergraduate studies is 60 and postgraduate studies is 18. The department has well-qualified and experienced Faculty Members and technically skilled Laboratory Staff. The department is dedicated to education, research and overall excellence.
The department is well equipped with excellent computing facilities, and has highly qualified faculty specialized in areas like Wireless Sensor Networks, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Agent-Based Computing, Cryptography and Network Security, Computational Linguistics, Software Engineering, Adhoc Networks etc..
To empower the students to be technologically competent in the domains of Computer Science by imparting high quality education in the ever changing world.
- To encourage students to become technical problem solvers.
- To provide high quality technical education through career oriented courses and workshops conducted by high profile faculty members and professionals.
- To make the students to learn with state of the art technologies to meet the growing challenges of the industry.
- To impart strong foundations to students so as to enable them for continuing education.
- To foster the spirit of modernism and development of technologies that is sustainable and will benefit the entire society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Our graduates will excel in professional career by providing solutions beneficial for the society.
- Our graduates will be capable of modeling, designing, implementing and verifying a computing system to meet the specified requirements while considering real-world constraints.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering Programme will have the ability
- To apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems.
- To identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- To design, implement and evaluate computer based solutions to meet the desired needs considering public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental factors.
- To provide valid conclusions for complex engineering problems by performing investigations.
- To use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.
- To offer engineering solutions to societal problems.
- To understand that the solutions have to be provided taking into consideration the environmental issues and sustainability.
- To have the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To function effectively either as a member or a leader in a multidisciplinary environment.
- To communicate effectively to both the peers and others.
- To apply engineering and management principles in group projects in multidisciplinary environment.
- To realize the need for lifelong learning and to adopt technological changes.
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering – 60 seats
- M.Tech. Computer and Information Science – 18 seats
Dr. Deepa S Kumar
Associate Professor & Head of the Department
Computer Science and Engineering