Dr. Sandhya Clement
| Educational Qualifications
||Electronics & Communication Engineering
|International School of Photonics, CUSAT
||Opto Electronics and Laser technology
||Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
|Awards and Achievements
- International Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (iMQRES), Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, AUSTRALIA.
- Post Graduate Research Fund (PGRF) 2016,Round 1 Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, AUSTRALIA.
- Won First Rank in M Tech -Optoelectronics and Laser Technology from Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- Won PSI (Photonic Society of India) Award-2008 for being the topper of M Tech 2006-2008 batch.
| Area of Interest
- Laser technology
- Biomedical Engineering
|Fellowship/Memberships in professional bodies
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Photonics Society of India (PSI)
- Society of Photographic Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE)
- Australian Nanotechnology Network (ANN)
- Organized Kalpana Chowla Technical symposium Series at College of Engineering Munnar during the year 2004
|Details of International Journal Publications
- X-ray induced singlet oxygen generation by nanoparticle-photosensitizer conjugates for photodynamic therapy: determination of singlet oxygen quantum yield, accepted (22/12/2015) in Scientific Reports,Nature group.
- Water-soluble CeF3 photo-, cathodo-, and X-ray luminescent nanoparticles. Journal of Nanoparticle Research 17(1), 1-9. (2015).
- Spectral and coherence signatures of threshold in random lasers. Journal of Optics 16(10), 105008 (2014)
- Non-invasive Studies on Age Related Parameters Using a Blood Volume Pulse Sensor, Published in MEASUREMENT SCIENCE REVIEW, Volume 8, Section 2, No. 4, 2008
|Details of Conference papers
- Scintillating Nanoparticle- Photosensitizer Conjugates towards X-ray activated Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT), SPIE Micro + Nanomaterials, Devices and Applications 2015 conference, Sydney, Australia.
- X-ray induced singlet oxygen generation by nanoparticle-photosensitizer conjugates: direct determination of singlet oxygen quantum yield, International Nanomedicine Conference 2015, Coogee, Australia.
- Singlet oxygen generation by photosensitizers conjugated to CeF3 nanoparticles: towards photodynamic therapy in deep tissues, Australian Institute of Physics(AIP) conference 2014, Canberra , Australia.
- Stability and Luminescence characterization of water Soluble CeF3 Nanoparticles, International Conference On Nanoscience and Nanotechnology(ICONN) 2014, Adelaide, Australia.
- Fabrication and Characterization ofWater-soluble CeF3 Nanoparticles for X-ray applications, European Material Research Society(EMRS) conference September 2013, Strasbourg, France.
- statistical signal processing approach to assess Bilateral symmetry of Blood volume pulse recorded at the finger tip using an optooelectronic configuration.published in proceedings All India seminar On Emerging trends in information and communication technology By The Electronics and Communication Engineering Division,The Institute of Engineers(India).
- Assessment of skin microcirculation using the photoplethysmographic signal measured at the finger tip employing cold exposure test.published in proceedings All India seminar On Emerging trends in information and communication technology By The Electronics and Communication Engineering Division,The Institute of Engineers (India).
- Studies on the effects of age and heart rate variation on second derivative of peripheral blood volume pulse using an optical plethysmograph. published in proceedings International conference on Opto electronics,Information and Communication technologies 2009 (ICOICT 2009) By Sree chitra Thirunal College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram.
- Studies on the effects of air pollutants on the peripheral blood volume pulse using an optical plethysmograph,Published in Proceedings, Photonics 2008,International coference,IIT Delhi.India.
- Photoplethysmographic assessment of Skin Vasomotor Reflex using the blood volume pulse measured at the finger tip. Published in Proceedings , Photonics 2008,International conference,IIT Delhi.India
|Details of Courses Taught
- Network Theory
- Digital Electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Electronics Instrumentation
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- Solid State Electronics & Devices