Dr. Shine N. Das M.Tech., Ph.D
Message from Principal’s Desk
Ranked one of the top Engineering colleges in the state, College of Engineering Munnar represents the best of what an engineering college aspires to be: a community of engaged, dedicated and innovative people working for the benefit of society through education, research, culture and service. Together we pride ourselves on providing you as a future promising technocrats of the global market, with the skills and knowledge needed to excel your field. We are committed to provide you with professional opportunities you need to achieve the future you want, whether that’s an accredited qualification, employment experience or exposure to world class research. If you are determined to make your mark on the world, join us by enrolling in a UG/PG program at CEM.
|Qualification||Specialisation||University/Board||Year of Passing|
|B.E.||Computer Science & Engg.||Marathwada University||1991|
Fellowship in Professional and Learned bodies
- FIE: Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, India.
- IEEE : Life time member.
- MISTE: Life member of the Indian Society for Technical Education.
- Member in the Additional Examiner panel (B.Tech & MCA Examinations) in Cochin University of Science & Technology(CUSAT)
- B.Tech Examinations Question paper setter of Cochin University of Science& Technology (CUSAT)..
- Member in the Additional Examiner panel (MCA Examinations) of M.G University
- Member in the Additional Examiner panel (B.Tech Examinations) of Calicut University.
- AICTE Expert Visit Committee (EVC) member.
- AICTE Standing Complaint Committee (SCC) member.
- AICTE Standing Appellate Committee (SAC) member.
- AICTE e-governance cell project evaluation member
- AICTE nominee in the UGC team for the Expert Visit Committee for deemed universities
- Principal Co-ordinator for an ISTE Short Term course on “Biologically Inspired Computing” conducted during 30th April to 5th May, 2007 at College of Engineering, Munnar.
- Principal Co-ordinator for an AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biologically Inspired Computing” conducted during 19th Nov to 1st Dec, 2007 at College of Engineering, Munnar.
- Principal Co-ordinator for an AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Research Methodology in Engineering & Technology” conducted during 29th Oct to 3rd Nov, 2013 at College of Engineering, Munnar.
Area of Interest
Information Retrieval, Web content Mining, Data Mining, Software Engineering, Operating Systems
- Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management ( JISTEM) ISSN-1807-1775
- Reviewer for 2 International Journals
Publications in Journal
- International Journals:
- “An Unsupervised Approach for Feature Based Sentiment Analysis of Product Reviews ” Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2015, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), ISSN 2278 – 0882.
- “Hyper Elliptic Curve Encryption and Cost Minimization Approach in Moving Big Data to Cloud” Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2015, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), ISSN 2278 – 0882.
- “Question Classification using Naive Bayes Classifier and Creating Missing Classes using Semantic Similarity in Question Answering System”, Volume23 Number 4- May 2015, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)
- ” Load Rebalancing with Improved Security for Distributed File Systems in Cloud” Vol. 4 Issue 05, May-2015, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT)- ISSN: 2278-0181.
- “An Efficient Approach for finding near duplicate Web pages using Minimum Weight Overlapping Method “2012 IEEE Computer Society Transaction DOI 10.1109/ITNG.2012.168. Page no 121.
- “Eliminating Noisy Information in Web Pages using Featured DOM Tree “.
International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS) Volume 2 – No.3, May 2012.
- “A Three phase algorithm for Finding Near Duplicate Web pages using Minimum Weight Overlaping Method ” International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE) Vol 1., No.2, December 2011, pp. 187-194.
- “A Hybrid method of Feature Subset Selection for Web page Classification by Eliminating Noise.” International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Information Security (IJCIIS) – August, 2011.Vol 2, Number 8.
- “A Novel Approach for Near-Duplicate Detection of Web Pages using TDW Matrix.” International Journal of Computer Applications 19(7):16-21, April 2011.
Published by Foundation of Computer Science.
- “An Integrated Approach for Optimal Feature Subset Selection using Mutual Information” MES Journal of Technology & Management : Vol 0I, No.2, ISSN 0976-3724 Page 115-120.
- “An Efficient Web content Mining Model with Multi Agents”. International Journal Of Computer and Information Technology : Vol 2, Nov 2009 Page 89-93.
- “An Efficient Approach for finding near duplicate Web pages using Minimum Weight Overlapping Method ” 9th International Conference on Information Technology : New Generations ITNG 2012, April 16-18, 2012, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- “An Approach for Optimal Feature Subset Selection using a new Term Weighting scheme and Mutual Information” The International Conference on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology 2011 (ICASEIT 2011), Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia , 14-15 January 2011.
- “An Integrated Approach for Optimal Feature Subset Selection using Mutual Information” International conference on Computational Intelligence and Practices, (iCONCEPT 2010), 25-26 November 2010, MES College of Engineering, Kuttippuram, Kerala, India.
- “A Hybrid Approach for Optimal Feature Subset Selection in Automatic Web page Classification” All India Seminar on Web Technologies: Emerging Trends & Social Impacts 2010 , 30-31 August 2010, Kochi, Kerala.
- “Improving search engine result in response to a keyword query”
International Conference on Computational Mathematics and Management (ICMCM’10) organised by MACFAST, Thiruvalla, Kerala, INDIA.
- “An Efficient Web content Mining Model with Multi Agents”
Insight’09, National Conference on Computers and Information technology, Naipunya Institute & University of Calicut, Kerala, Nov23-24,2009.
- “Emergence of professional Students as global competitors : Is Communication skill the litmus? ” 20th ISTE National Convention, November 6, 2009, VJCET, Kerala.
- “Trends in Marketing Films” National Conference on Creating and Delivering Value for Customer , School of Management Studies, CUSAT.