ADMISSION TO B.Tech DEGREE COURSE UNDER NRI QUOTA 2017-18
5% seats (supernumerary) in addition to the sanctioned intake are provided for NRI category and allotted to children of NRIs.
|Computer Science and Engineering||3|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||3|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||3|
Eligibility for admission
- Candidate should be of Indian Origin settled in Foreign Countries.
Candidate who were born in foreign countries and whose parents are of Indian Origin.
Children of Indian Citizen stay abroad for employment, business.
Children of Indian citizens deputed abroad by Public Sector Undertaking
Children of the Official of the Central / State Government on deputation abroad.
2. Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech course under NRI Quota should have passed H.Sc., Examination (10+2 pattern / equivalent)
3. Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together in the qualifying examination.
4. The medium of instruction should be in English.
5. Admission under Non-Resident of India scheme may be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination as prescribed in clause 2 & 3 above.
6. The seats under NRI quota should be utilized by the bonafide NRI’s only and for their children or wards. Therefore, the NRI financially supporting the candidates should either be the parent (Father or Mother) of the candidate or legally declared as guardian of the candidate by the Court as per provisions in ‘The Guardians and Wards Act 1890.